Looking to travel to Reykjavik city? Well, for many people we suppose that this is just a town. But we still love it, over the past few years it has become a really vibrant place with many great restaurants and fun things to do.
Reykjavik hotel deals
With the interface below you can browse through a great selection of Reykjavik hotel deals from Booking.com. This ensures that you don’t have to pay too much for a hotel or other form of accommodation in the city.
Reykjavik tours are focused on many different things, for example, there are tours that are centered on history and culture, whale watching, nature and scenery, food and drink, the northern lights and so on and so forth!
Culture and history venues
We recommend the following culture and history venues:
- Harpa Concert & Conference Center
- The Settlement Museum – see the Viking hall excavated in the middle of the city
- The National Museum – the history of Iceland is laid out in a really nice looking exhibition
Walking routes in Reykjavik city
The city is also a great place to explore and there are plenty of wonderful walking routes. One good idea is to download the Wapp hiking and walking app which includes many great walking tours in Reykjavik.
- Grotta at the western edge of town – bird watching and beautiful vistas. In wintertime, it is a great place to catch the northern lights.
- Elliðarárdalur valley – a fantastic place to cycle, jog or walk. It is our version of Central Park!
- Two Reykjavik graveyards are beautiful and well worth exploring
- Walk around the beautiful Reykjavik pond in the center of the city