Iceland is the perfect country for kids and families. There are great facilities for children and families and many family-friendly tours available. So discover family-friendly Iceland!
Stuck in Iceland has a big selection of travel stories and articles which focus on how to have a great time with children in Iceland. Iceland is really the country for the active and adventure oriented family. It is also the perfect venue for children to learn about nature and geology.
Find a family-friendly place to stay in Iceland
Type in your destination in the widget below and find family-friendly hotels, lodges, and apartments in Iceland.
Activities for families
- See the Perlan museum
- Visit the Icelandic Lava Show and learn about volcanoes and lava.
- Go swimming. We recommend the swimming pool at Minni Borg
- Visit the Viking settlement museum
- Rent a horse and go horseback riding
- Check out birds and beach at Grótta
- Visit Elliðaárdalur Valley in the center of Reykjavik
- Go for a picnic at Videy Island
- Visit the petting zoos in Reykjavik and Slakki
- Get ice cream at Efstidalur
- Meet Iceland Iceland farm animals
Kid Friendly Iceland
- Relatively free of crime
- Children can play freely and safely outdoors
- High-quality healthcare