Enter the promo code STUCK when you book the South coast & northern lights tour with the top-rated tour company Reykjavik sightseeing and get a 10% discount. The offer code is valid until The promo code is valid until the 15th of December 2019.
Please note that this discount promo code is also valid for other top-rated tours by Reykjavik Sightseeing:
- Golden Circle and Northern Lights tour
- Northern Lights and Stars tour
- Golden Circle tour
- South Coast tour
Join the south coast & northern lights tours
Embark on a journey of Iceland’s legendary south coast and hunt for the northern lights. Step onboard a new bus that has a tablet in every seat. The tablet knows your location and will give you information on interesting places nearby. You will also have free WiFi and a USB charger for your smart device. Each bus has a host which stands ready to answer your questions.
Points of interest on the tour
- Drive through the lava fields by the active volcano Mt. Hengill
- Hekla Volcano
- Vestman Islands
- The 60-meter high Seljalandsfoss waterfall with the pathway behind it
- The Skógafoss Waterfall where you only have to step up a short flight of stairs to see one of the most impressive views in Iceland
- Sóheimajökull glacier
- Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach with the nearby jagged basalt sea stacks, Reynisdrangar, and the huge basalt-column cave right on the beach
The last stop is the village of Vík.
Hunting for the northern lights tour in the evening
The hunt for the northern lights will take place in the evening. This depends on the weather. If you see the wonderful aurora it is a sight you may not forget. The northern lights require high solar activity and clear skies to be visible. Reykjavik Sightseeing has an experienced team of northern lights hunter and the trip won’t happen unless they think there is a good chance of seeing the northern lights.
Make sure to dress warmly for your northern lights hunt. If you didn’t bring a warm coat, don’t worry. Reykjavik Sightseeing is the only operator to offer ultra warm “Aurora Jackets” for rent on our tours.