All Information About The Eruption in Iceland in One Place
As far as we know there is no danger to air travel, people or property at this time. You can stay current with the danger involved by checking with the Icelandic Civil Protection on their web site, Twitter account and on Facebook
Below are the main resources online where you can follow what is going on:
Live webcam from the eruption:
The telecommunications company Míla has a live webcam which overlooks the are where the eruption is taking place. The view there is pretty spectacular.
News and Science
You can read the latest news on the eruption on the web site of the Icelandic National Radio and on the web site of the largest online news site in Iceland, mbl.is.
The Icelandic Meteorology Office is constantly updating their site with the latest news from the eruption and accompanying seismic activity. You can watch a map of earthquakes in the area of the eruption on their web site. You can also follow them on Twitter. Another great Twitter account to follow if you want to keep up with what is going on is the Twitter account of Gisli Olafsson.
Photos and videos from the eruption in Iceland:
- Martin Schulz took amazing pictures from the volcanic eruption
- Awesome footage from the National Icelandic Radio
- The site Fridriksson.com has some great photos.
- Cool video of lava advancing
- Video of jets of lava on the site of the National Icelandic Radio (In Icelandic)
- Photo gallery from the news site mbl.is (In Icelandic)
- Photo gallery from Fox News
- Video on BBC News
How to get there
You can´t get there as the area is all closed 🙂 Free flowing lava is dangerous anyway so keep out!