Looking for a Hotel in Akureyri? Here is a Perfect Hotel for You
Are you looking for a hotel in Akureyri ? My sister Hildur and my brother Guðjón run a new family friendly hotel that has just opened for business in my lovely home town of Akureyri so I want to tell you all about it. The hotel is called ´Hotel Kjarnalundur´ and has 46 rooms. It is only 3 km from downtown Akureyri. The best thing about it is that is located on the edge of Kjarnaskógur woods which has everything you would ever need for having a great time: hiking trails, volleyball courts and playgrounds for children. It even has a mountain biking track.
If you happen to stay there please give Guðjón and Hildur my love.
Want to stay in Winter at a Hotel in Akureyri?
In winter the walking paths are plowed, making them perfect for cross country skiing. Since this hotel in Akureyri is just outside of the town it is free of light pollution. This makes its location ideal for watching the northern lights and stargazing.
The town of Akureyri is a hub for the north of Iceland and all the great things you can do there:
- Akureyri is awesome of course, try the best ice cream in Iceland at the Brynja ice cream shop or check out Rub 23 with its great seafood and sushi pizza
- Akureyri competes hard with the nearby town of Husavik for whale watching
- Godafoss waterfall is a must see
- Lake Myvatn is a destination you have to go to if you are in the north of Iceland
- Dettifoss waterfall is the king of Icelandic waterfalls
- Asbyrgi is a wonder of the world
Here is pretty nice video of the hotel
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!